My most favorite weather app has always been BeWeather (formerly known as BerryWeather). I’ve always loved the varied features of the app. Now it just updated to be even more so with BBM Connection allowing you to share your weather as status and in your profile. Check it out…
When the update first came out, it was only for the paid version, and for those who were able to get the application during the Compliments of BlackBerry gifting time that version wasn’t updated. Thankfully if you don’t have the paid version, you can still grab the update by going to Bellshare’s website itself, and we have that link for you. And in case you have lost your code, we’ll even tell you how to get that code you have back.
First off, what’s new with the updated version? Here’s the changelog:
- Now BBM connected
- Set BBM status to current weather
- Post current weather to your BBM profile
- Easier license key retrieval & license transfer from within the app
- Bug fixes
Add this to the already extensive list of features currently available which are:
- NO SUBSCRIPTION!
- Our weather provider: Weather Underground
- Current conditions including “Feels like” temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
- 7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
- 24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
- Track your location via GPS/cell
- Instant weather advisory notifications via push technology (US only)
- Built-in animated radar maps (US only)
- Easily switch between 7 different views (Current, Daily Forecast, Hourly Forecast etc)
- Get more accurate conditions by switching to a nearby weather stations for any location
- Replace/extend the default radar maps with your preferred weather service’s radar maps!
- Add custom web cams and other media links (weather radio, video, HTML etc) to any location.
- Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
- Customizable homescreen icon showing current conditions
- See your current weather as a homescreen wallpaper (OS 4.7 and higher)
- Share your weather on Twitter
- Completely customize BeWeather using themes, background wallpaper, font and icon sizes
And what was changed from the previous update:
- Added push support to instantly notify about weather alerts without draining the battery
- Added support for custom icons. We are looking forward to iconsets created by the community!
- Added support for sharing weather and advisory via TwitterAdded support for BlackBerry LBS (location based services) on OS 5.0 and higher devices for cell location lookup. This greatly improve cell location lookup accuracy
- Improved weather alert support and filtering
- Added new icon size XXX-Large
- Added new theme “Day&Night Transparent”
- New default background image in Day&Night theme. Shows sunlit sky for daytime, moonlit sky for nighttime locations. Transitions smoothly between locations on touchscreen devices (try it ;))
- Added support for wide background images. If a background image is wider than the screen it will scroll slightly in the background while you move from location to location.
- Added option to show a shortcut on the homescreen for selected locations (OS 6.0 only)
- New titlebar showing full device radio status and application indicators (OS 6.0t only)
- Added support for restricting auto update during certain hours of the day
- Added option to toggle automatic/manual updating per location
- Added option to turn of advisories for a location
- Added ‘lighten/darken’ background setting for homescreen wallpaper
- Added font color setting for homescreen wallpaper
- Added separate font settings for homescreen wallpaper
- Added daily/hourly forecast option to homescreen wallpaper
- Added drop shadows below text for better legibility
- Added option to select font family (OS 5.0 and higher)
- Many bug fixes!
I was really happy to see the new features. If you haven’t purchased BerryWeather yet and you’re looking for a weather app, look no further. You’ll really be happy with this one.
If you have BeWeather, but had purchased it from a Mobihand store or had downloaded it during the Compliments of BlackBerry promotion, then you can download the latest version of BeWeather from Bellshare’s website here:
If you have lost your code, then retrieving it isn’t hard at all. Just recover your license key by clicking on the following link and type in the email or pin of your BlackBerry you purchased or downloaded the app with. It’s that easy.
Let us know what you think of BeWeather’s new update.