Another app that was released for the BlackBerry PlayBook during the BlackBerry World 2012 was MyCityWay. Available in BlackBerry App World, the app currently features the top five cities in the U.S. however there are 68 additional cities making their way to the app soon. Check it out…
MyCityWay is pretty neat. Fist of all it’s free. When you click on it, it opens into two views. The first is called Snapshot and it includes movies, events, traffic cameras, news, gas prices, the weather, and deals. Each of these little subsections opens up to give you a much more detailed view. The second view is called My City. When you slide My City over, Snapshot dims. My City includes Dining, Nightlife, What’s On, Shop, and Travel.
Dining opens up different restaurants and delis, categorizes them, prices, and ratings and allows you to search. Nightlife includes Bars & Pubs, Night clubs, Music Venue, and Comedy clubs. What’s On includes Events and Movies. Shop includes Deals & Offers as well as Shopping which has several categories to help find you exactly what you’re shopping for. Travel has Airports, Hotels, and Attractions.
The five cities that it currently supports are:
- New York
- San Francisco
Here are the features included:
- Have the first app that offers a personalized all-access snapshot of the city, instantly connecting you to all the up-to-the-minute usable information you crave.
- Know all the city’s hotspots and restaurants
- Keep up-to date with local news and the latest deals
- Stream live traffic cameras and avoid those bottlenecks
- Find the cheapest gas prices, the hottest sales, or upcoming events and concerts in your neighborhood
Just think, you can keep your city in your pocket and be in the know no matter what. No word yet what new cities will be added, but I’m pretty excited to find out which ones they’ll be. You can be anyone’s guide including yourself with this key to the city.