Wikitude by Wikitude GmbH, is another one of my fave apps. The update has brought the new myWorld, a feature allowing you to share your own augmented reality, to Wikitude. Wikitude is an Augmented Reality Browser that allows you to see the world in a whole new view. Check it out…
Changelog included is:
- New: myWorld – create your own Augmented Reality World
- minor bugfixes
What is Wikitude? It’s a free app that works on other platforms as well. It’s available for OS 6, but in OS 7/7.1 it’s able to take advantage of the digital compass. There are quite a few great premium apps for the BlackBerry devices and Wikitude is definitely one of them. They bring a whole new view to the BlackBerry.
The following is the description out of BlackBerry App World:
Wikitude World Browser finds cool people, places and things and allows you to discover your surroundings in a completely new way. Provided that your BlackBerry has a digital compass built in (most OS7 devices), you can simply hold up your smartphone and explore what’s around you in Augmented Reality (AR). Identify places, sights and even your BBM friends through your camera’s field of vision – a truly engaging and immersive experience. Don’t worry should you not have a digital compass in your BlackBerry (all OS6 devices). You can still explore places, things and people around you on a map and list view. As a BBM connected app Wikitude can locate your friends and other BBM users, of course only if they share their location. A great way to meet other BBM users and make new friends. Wikitude has been voted “The most addictive social app using BBM”.
WHAT’S NEW: With the all new Wikitude myWorld feature (beta) you can create your very own Augmented Reality World. The “Create Place” tool allows you to mark the location of your favorite Mexican restaurant or any other location that is special to you, perhaps your favorite store or the amazing hotel you discovered in Italy last summer. Your World can be shared with your friends on Facebook, meaning you see their favorite Places, and they see yours. Also check out Wikitude myWorld on facebook.com Try it now!
We have the listed features here:
- Create your very own AR World and share it with your friends, meaning you see their favorite Places, and they see yours
- Find events, tweets, Wikipedia articles, ATMs, restaurants, user reviews and much more around you
- Interact with your BBM contacts and discover new BBM users around you like you have never done before.
- Experience places near you in augmented reality or show them on a map or list view
- Browse more than 150 million places and interactive content from more than 2,500 content providers or so called “Worlds”
- Explore and identify places and objects around you
- Search for specific places, for example “thai restaurant”
- Find mobile coupons and discounts for stores and shops near you
Wikitude has been one of my favorite apps on my phone because it allows me to see the world in a new view, and I love checking out my surroundings in it no matter where I’m at. It’s interesting to see what’s out there. If you haven’t checked it out yet, the app is free so you have absolutely nothing to lose. If you have it, be sure and update it.