Viira Outlook Suite, the GTD system that works with your BlackBerry and your MS Outlook, has been updated. If you currently have the Viira Outlook Suite, the upgrade has a special price. If you don’t and haven’t heard of the Viira Outlook Suite, we’ll catch you up.
First off, let me give an explanation of the Work-Life Management System by David Allen. This is the description of the program from the David Allen Co website:
GTD® is the shorthand brand for “Getting Things Done®“, the groundbreaking work-life management system by David Allen that provides concrete solutions for transforming overwhelm and uncertainty into an integrated system of stress free productivity.
GTD is a powerful method to manage commitments, information, and communication. It is the result of thirty years of consulting services, private coaching, training, and organizational programs with millions of people internationally. It has earned a reputation as the gold standard in personal and organizational productivity.
GTD enables greater performance, capacity and innovation. It alleviates the feeling of overwhelm, instilling focus, clarity and confidence.
For the Viira Outlook Suite, you need a BlackBerry running OS 5.0 or higher, and all versions of MS Outlook after 2003. The price of the Viira Outlook Suite is only $69.99 but if you have the previous version, you’re able to upgrade for only $39.99.
Here’s the latest features in v2.0:
- Contact tasks : Create tasks based on your contacts when you need to call, contact or follow-up with anyone. Simply select Create Viira Suite Task from the right-click menu in your Outlook contacts or from the menu in your BlackBerry Contacts application.
- Touch-screen interface. Owners of a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Torch 98xx series device can perform all frequent actions with a tap on the screen.
- Memo tasks : Integrate notes and memos into your GTD system with ease. Just like contact tasks, memo tasks can be created both on your BlackBerry and from Outlook and get synchronized between the two.
- Quick Add: Add New Tasks Quickly. Perfect for the times where you have a number of new tasks or ideas to record, the quick add field enables you to enter them one after the other in quick succession. Just type in the tasks name and press ENTER, then repeat as needed! Available from both the Outlook plugin and BlackBerry client.
- Print. You can now print from any of the views of the Outlook plugin.
- Overdue tasks in Outlook plugin. Just like in the BlackBerry client, the Day View tab of the Outlook plugin displays all overdue tasks in red to make sure no tasks gets inadvertently forgotten.
- Starred projects and contexts. Mark your important or frequently used project or contexts with a star. Starred projects and contexts always appear at the top of the list making it easier to navigate or select them.
- Compact Mode. Fit more of your Viira data on your BlackBerry’s screen. Particularly useful for owners of touch screen models like the BlackBerry 9900 or the BlackBerry Torch series, turning on compact mode lets you see more of your tasks for any project, context or day. You can turn on Compact Mode by going to Settings->General Settings->Compact Mode.
- And more! The new release contains a number of other small updates, too numerous to list here.
If you need more help with organization and staying ahead of the game, Karta Mobile Inc. and Viira can help you GTD.
Special Note to BlackBerry World Downloads of Viira:
In order for our system to give you the Viira buyer discount, you must register on our site (if you haven’t done so aleady) with the same email address that you used to purchase Viira from App World. App World’s processing system is separate from ours and registering your email address on our site ensures that our system will match you correctly against the App World buyer records.