Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook by Kisai Labs, has been updated to v1.7 and what an update it is! If you have been looking for a premium Twitter app for your BlackBerry PlayBook, search no more, it’s here. A beautiful UI, sharp colors, and even LED notifications. What’s new with Blaq?
The following features are included with the update:
- Portrait Mode – Auto-correct and spell check
- LED notifications: New Tweets – White, Mentions – Blue, DMs – Green, Followers – Yellow
- TweetMarker support – Never lose your spot again! TweetMarker bookmarks your position in any client supporting it (must be enabled in Advanced Options > Services)
- Toggle Real-time streaming – This has been a HUGE request. Granted. Tap the real-time indicator to toggle.
- Favorited tweets – Swipe from the top bezel then tap the star
- Dedicated help section to make it easier to learn the ins and outs
- Saved Searches – Easily tap the star in your search field to add a new saved search. Tap a saved search then untap the star to remove it. It’s that simple!
If you have a Twitter account and the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2, then you definitely need Blaq. Blaq is the ultimate Twitter app for your BlackBerry PlayBook that will compliment OS 2 and allow you to Tweet the way you always wanted. You can purchase Blaq in the BlackBerry App World for only $1.99.
The full features Blaq already included are:
- Beautiful, intuitive user interface
- REAL-TIME Twitter userstream support
- Most Customizable
- Native notifications
- Translate tweet
- Native or editable retweet support (hold down on RT to edit)
- Reply all (Hold down on Reply icon)
- In-app notifications
- Username auto-completion
- Full user profile view
- Web and image previews within Blaq
- View your lists curated from Twitter.com
- Multi-account support
- Search people and tweets
- In-app support for all 211 embed.ly services (YouTube, Tumblr, Posterous, SoundCloud, etc.) – Full list here: http://api.embed.ly/
- URL shortening with the custom bl4q.me shortener, bit.ly or Twitter
- Photo posting – Twitter, TwitPic, Img.ly or yFrog