My File Manager now has support for the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0. I use My File Manager to sort out and find my files, as it’s convenient and can even sort through Bridged files with no problem. What can My File Manager do?
The only changelog addition for this new update was support for OS 2.0 so I won’t show the changelog. What I’m going to do is add the description from the BlackBerry App World:
My File Manager is an essential file explorer for your BlackBerry® PlayBook™, to manage files and folders in the /accounts/1000/shared and bridged SDCard folder, with key features of Hiding File and Password-protected ZIP & UNZIP.
The features are as follows:
- SDCard – Support Bridged SDCard access.
- Photo Thumbnails – Tiled List view for easier photo organizing with photo thumbnails (JPG, GIF, PNG, and BMP).
- File Size and Date – Detailed List view for detailed file’s info with size and date.
- Hide File – Hide personal photos/documents while sharing your BlackBerry® PlayBook™’s files to colleagues through Wi-fi Sharing.
- Password Protected – Password protected login to secure your hidden private and confidential files.
- Zip – Zip and Unzip archive files, and Zip file content list view.
- Password-protected Zip – Zip and Unzip password-protected file (simple symmetric encryption).
- Storage Info – Status bar shows total folders/files, selected folders/files, total available storage space, and total file sizes.
- Open File – Launch registered app for file automatically by tap-and-hold action.
- Folder – Create new folder and delete folder.
- Files – Copy files, move files, delete files and rename file.
- Select All – Easy to select all files or de-select all files in folder.
- Sort By – Sort files ascending or descending by filename, size, and date.
- Hidden Photo Tumbnails – Able to hide or show thumbnail for hidden files.
- Open SWF or TXT File – Launch browser to open SWF or TXT file automatically by tap-and-hold action.
Not bad for an app that’s available currently at $.99. Two things to keep in mind however, the system files are blocked and thumbnail photos on Bridged card won’t show.
If you’re looking for an absolute answer for file management on both the files on your BlackBerry PlayBook and bridged BlackBerry card, look no further and purchase it while it’s on sale.