BeBuzz by Bellshare GmbH is my all-time favorite alerts app. It allows me to customize my BlackBerry for alerts in so many ways. From vibrate, LED notifications, and now even the subscription based text to voice option, you have so many ways to customize your notifications and contacts your way. What’s new?
The changelog is as follows:
- BBM chat history is not being deleted anymore
- BeBuzz support now works whether BBM chat is set to device or memory card
- Extended complimentary Text-to-Speech until January 31, 2012
- Added support for browsing for ringtones (pre-installed ringtones cannot be used)
- Automatically reverting to legacy BBM when there is no BBM contact and no toast/TTS for BBM
- Added warning in setup wizard that BBM chat history has to be on
- Fixed display bug in OS 5.0 and before
- Fixed NullPointerException when pressing volume up/down keys without Text-to-Speech outputting audio
- Fixed Text-to-Speech volume setting not correctly applied, leading to silent/non-working Text-to-Speech
I really love the way this works. I’ve had BeBuzz on my phone back when it was formerly named BerryBuzz. BeBuzz is available in the BlackBerry App World for only $5.99 and it’s worth every cent. If you have BeBuzz, be sure to update it, and if not, you need to know what you’re missing. You’ll find out why I insist it’s one app I always have on every BlackBerry I carry.
Add the updates to the following features already included with the app:
- Choose from 20 predefined solid LED and 12 rapid flashing DISCO LED COLORS
- Assign colors for E-Mails, SMS, BBM and Calls from your FAVORITE CONTACTS
- This FULL version gives you UNLIMITED CONTACTS
- Assign colors for BlackBerry Messenger, Facebook, Twitter, Missed Calls, Calendar, Tasks, Battery and many 3rd party apps (see list below)
- Create an unlimited number of CUSTOM LED COLORS and DISCOS
- STACK 2 LED COLORS for even more color variations
- Repeating Notifiers: Keep your phone’s audible notifiers repeating until you acknowledge them
- On-Screen Popup Notifiers: Unobtrusive on-screen messages (“toasts”) for messages and events
- Text-to-Speech: BeBuzz will read your messages out aloud, fully customizable (subscription only service, $0.99/mo, free until Dec 31st, 2011)
- Vibrate-While-Ringing: Have vibrate while ringing for notifiers and incoming calls.
- Vibrate/sound on call connect/disconnect
- Fully customizable and doesn’t drain your battery!
It works with and supports the following 3rd party apps:
AIM, AP Mobile News, BeReader, BeWeather, BeejiveIM, BerryReview Mobile, BlackBerry News Feeds, Blaq, Chat for Facebook Pro, crunchSMS, eBay, Facebook, GoogleMail, GoogleTalk, GoogleVoice, GroupMe, ICQ, IM+, Improved Chat for Facebook, Kik Messenger, LiveProfile, MSN Messenger, MeterBerry, MySpace, Nimbuzz, OS 6 Social Feeds, OpenBeak, Pingchat, Pocket Informant, Skype, ScoreMobile, SocialScope, Soti Pocket Controller Pro, TheBirthdayApp, Trillian, TweetGenius, Tweetissimo, Twitter, UberSocial, Viigo, Whatsapp, Yahoo! Messenger, YouMail.
As a reminder to those who purchased BeBuzz prior to December 31st, 2011, Bellshare GmbH is offering a thank you gift. The gift is a free copy of BerryPopUp, so you must have the email that you used to purchase it, and the activation code to verify you purchased it prior to December 31st.