BeepUs by Tuk Digital Solutions, allows you to use Push to Talk free over BBM and is available in the BlackBerry App World. It’s really neat to see a PTT client meets IM client such as BBM. When it first came out, it disappeared briefly out of BlackBerry App World only to return with an update, and this latest one as well.
The instructions for BeepUs are as follows:
1. Connecting BeepUs to BBM
- A popup request to connect to BBM will appear.
2. Connections and Contacts.
- Invite users to download BeepUs and they will appear on your contact list.
- If you have at least one contact, create a new connection.
3. Connection Types
- Session is usually the best choice for chatting.
- Channel is moderated and the participants don’t interact among themselves.
4. Connection Screen or Lobby
- When you click “Send Invites” a popup shows up with your contacts, select and wait for acceptance.
- Start talking pushing convenience keys or spacebar.
- If you have a touch screen device, you can swipe left and right to fast change screens.
5. Chat and Voice Screens
- Type whenever you want on the Chat Screen
- Manage voices on the Voice Screen, save a voice or entire history and listen later.
The app is available for FREE in the BlackBerry App World. Check it out and let us know what you think.