SmrtGuard Mobile Security updated this morning in BlackBerry App World. SmrtGuard is one of our fave security apps. In case you aren’t familiar with SmrtGuard, it’s a mobile security app that has Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, Backup, Restore, Your Data, FollowMe, Personal Guardian and SIM Guardian. What’s new in the update?
If you have SmrtGuard currently, the update is free. Included with this update are:
- Improved the user sign up process
- Minor GUI adjustments
If you don’t have SmrtGuard, it’s available in the BlackBerry App World in a free and paid PRO version. Heres the features included with the Free version:
Anti-Theft & Recovery
- Find lost or stolen smartphone and track it remotely via GPS through SmrtGuard.com
- Remotely Lock your smartphone to prevent unauthorized use of phone or data.
- Block unwanted calls and create “blacklists” for those numbers.
- Emergency distress calls with a single button push on the smartphone. When activated, it sends out a distress email, SMS and/or phone call for help.
- Allow other trusted users (i.e. loved ones) to track the smartphone via the web. Great for parents to know where their children are.
- If an Unregistered SIM Card is put into the device, SmrtGuard sends a warning email and tracking turns on.
Includes FREE 30-day trial of SmrtGuard PRO!
- SmrtGuard PRO provides all the great features of SmrtGuard Free plus Mobile Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam to block emails, Secure Wireless Backup & Restore to protect and restore your data onto a new device, and Remote Wipe to delete smartphone data from a lost device.
- Perfect for families or small businesses.
- Simple to setup – add / remove new users in seconds.
- Includes management of up to three devices from a single SmrtGuard Pro account.