BerryWeather updated in the BlackBerry Sync Store and it’s now ready for BlackBerry OS 7 with some great enhancements and updates. BerryWeather by Bellshare GmbH is a weather app that lets you keep track of your current weather along with other locations. What’s new?
Here are the latest features included in the update:
- Adjusted day/night background images for higher resolution screens on OS 7.0
- Added native sendmenu for sharing weather on OS 7.0 (Facebook, Twitter, BBM etc.)
- Added native sendmenu on OS 7.0 for sharing weather advisory
- Added new compact forecast style/configurable POP visibility
- Added support for multiple built-in maps
- Added auto-dismissing popup showing detailed error information when location update fails
- Reworked license screen
- Reworked settings category screen
- Minor changes to theme colors
- Fixed error on first load of radar map
Add this to the already extensive features:
Changes in version 2.5:
- Added push support to instantly notify about weather alerts without draining the battery
- Added support for custom icons. We are looking forward to iconsets created by the community!
- Added support for sharing weather and advisory via TwitterAdded support for BlackBerry LBS (location based services) on OS 5.0 and higher devices for cell location lookup. This greatly improve cell location lookup accuracy
- Improved weather alert support and filtering
- Added new icon size XXX-Large
- Added new theme “Day&Night Transparent”
- New default background image in Day&Night theme. Shows sunlit sky for daytime, moonlit sky for nighttime locations. Transitions smoothly between locations on touchscreen devices (try it ;))
- Added support for wide background images. If a background image is wider than the screen it will scroll slightly in the background while you move from location to location.
- Added option to show a shortcut on the homescreen for selected locations (OS 6.0 only)
- New titlebar showing full device radio status and application indicators (OS 6.0t only)
- Added support for restricting auto update during certain hours of the day
- Added option to toggle automatic/manual updating per location
- Added option to turn of advisories for a location
- Added ‘lighten/darken’ background setting for homescreen wallpaper
- Added font color setting for homescreen wallpaper
- Added separate font settings for homescreen wallpaper
- Added daily/hourly forecast option to homescreen wallpaper
- Added drop shadows below text for better legibility
- Added option to select font family (OS 5.0 and higher)
- Many bug fixes!
- NO SUBSCRIPTION!
- Our weather provider: Weather Underground
- Current conditions including “Feels like” temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
- 7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
- 24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
- Track your location via GPS/cell
- Instant weather advisory notifications via push technology (US only)
- Built-in animated radar maps (US only)
- Easily switch between 7 different views (Current, Daily Forecast, Hourly Forecast etc)
- Get more accurate conditions by switching to a nearby weather stations for any location
- Replace/extend the default radar maps with your preferred weather service’s radar maps!
- Add custom web cams and other media links (weather radio, video, HTML etc) to any location.
- Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
- Customizable homescreen icon showing current conditions
- See your current weather as a homescreen wallpaper (OS 4.7 and higher)
- Share your weather on Twitter
- Completely customize BeWeather using themes, background wallpaper, font and icon sizes
As you can see, this is the ultimate in weather apps available for the BlackBerry, and a favorite of ours. Great for travel, great for keeping up with the weather at your family and friends locations, it’s the most comprehensive weather app you can find. BerryWeather is available in the BlackBerry Sync Store for only $5.99 and does come with a free trial so you can try before you buy.
If you haven’t checked out BerryWeather, you should really check it out. If you do have BerryWeather, it’s time to update your app. Go to the BlackBerry Sync Store, sign in, go to My Account/My Apps and download to the latest version.