This app allows you to track every part of a domestic and international flight with real-time updates and live tracking maps. That way you can see your flight, when it’s stopping, if it’s ontime or delayed. This is a very detailed and informative app whether you have travel arrangements or a loved one you’re going to pick up from the airport. Check it out…
First I’ll go over the features of the app and the updates:
- View live flight tracking maps
- Track domestic and international flights.
- Full international coverage with over 4,000 airports worldwide.
- Covers 1,400 airlines across the globe.
- Check gate numbers, delays and cancellations.
- Airtime, aircraft, and speed & altitude (US).
- Predict flight delays with airport warnings and historical delay forecasts.
- Pro-level flight status coverage rated #1 by the WSJ
- Save flight itineraries up to 11 months in advance.
- Enhanced Map experience Users can choose either Google or BlackBerry maps and can now pan and zoom (new).
I installed the updated application on my BlackBerry Bold 9650. The app installed easily and my next task after checking out the features was to use a flight. So I found one that is scheduled for later in the month. It found it easily installed. The app is extremely easy to navigate and it’s a great resource of information. It even allows you to save flights which is nice so you can have the flights ahead as soon as you book them and keep track of them.
When you open the app you have the following in the menu:
- Detail View: The details of your flight from beginning to destination, and time with the flight number.
- Map View: I love this, Google Maps or BlackBerry Maps view
- Delete Flight
- Add Flight: To add a flight, you must have the number, airline, and date.
- Options: How the app accesses the internet.
I opened the app, listed the flight information, I can see the flight has one stop before the destination. I also see the map to each part of the flight and on the day of the flight I’ll be able to see if there’s delays on the way to the airport.
I can see this as a great way to keep on top of your flights and know what’s going on, whether you’re expecting company at the airport, or you are the frequent flier.
Pros: Everything about the app is great from the speed to the saving of flights.
Cons: I couldn’t find anything about the app I didn’t like.
FlightTrack is available from the BlackBerry App World for $4.99. It’s a great app to have on hand if you make quite the few trips to the airport.
Mobiata is compatible with OS 4.5 and higher.