RIM is sponsoring a really intriguing event by developers for developers that will be an intensive two day workshop event utilizing the BBM Social Platform. Developers alongside RIM’s developers will have the opportunity to exchange ideas and create the latest generation of apps using BBM. Check it out…
Thanks to Mac from PocketBerry who noticed the announcement for the event, it’s going to be an interesting event with great outcomes.
What are the Qualifications?:
- Have an idea for a new BlackBerry® application that incorporates BBM
- Have the capability to build a BlackBerry smarthone app with your idea
- Have a laptop with all the software, accessories and equipment needed to build your app including a laptop loaded with BlackBerry® Webworks™ or BlackBerry® Java®
- Be a resident of the United States, District of Columbia (excluding Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and Florida) or Canada (excluding Quebec)
- Be able to travel to attend the BBM Apps Hackathon Event (“Event”) from August 10 – 13, 2011 and be able to confirm such availability within 48 hours of potential winner notification
- Understand that the Event will be filmed and that by participating in the BBM Apps Hackathon Contest, consent to the filming of your developer story and the use of your image
Where and what does it entail?
- Aug 11-12, 2011 at the Ace Hotel in New York City
- Fast-paced exclusive workshop
- Turn your App idea into reality
- Interact with BlackBerry® product experts through presentations, Q&A and development
- Don’t worry, your idea is still your idea. All intellectual property remains with the original owner
- You could be one of ten chosen to win* a trip to the BBM Apps Hackathon Event!
We’ll be curious to see what new apps will come from the event, as we’ve seen a few already. There’s no purchase necessary, so if you’re a developer and want in on the BBM Social Platform, what are you waiting for? Want to know the questions you’ll need to answer?
- How do you feel social adds value to mobile apps?
- Why do you love BBM?
- Do you have any other apps you have already built? If so,what are they? Tell us what you have learned in the past about launching new apps.
- What’s so great about you? Why should you be chosen to attend? (Being the life of the party doesn’t fully qualify you to attend.)
The Ace Hotel New York is a 12-story hotel in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. The unique new boutique hotel has 260 rooms and is located near the Theater District, walking distance from Times Square.