I’ve had my hands on a PlayBook for a few hours now, and I just finished setting everything up, except BlackBerry Bridge. In my BlackBerry App World it’s showing that its “this application is not available for your device or carrier”. Well there is a little bit of a work around if you have a Windows PC with Internet Explorer. Follow these steps and you should be able to get BlackBerry Bridge on your smartphone in a matter of minutes:
- Visit http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore
- Install the App World browser plugin in FireFox or Internet Explorer
- Click ‘Download’ on Bridge app page here
- Login with your BBID or create a new one
- Connect your BlackBerry smartphone to computer via USB
- Accept all agreements and sync to install Bridge app
After you’ve followed all these steps, you will then be able to go into the BlackBerry Bridge settings on your PlayBook and set it up. Happy PlayBooking!