Vlingo – Voice App, one of my favorite application for BlackBerry, has updated today. It’s available in the BlackBerry App Store and has some fixes and features. There are two versions, FREE and Plus. I prefer the Plus, and I’ll let you know what’s new and the differences of Vlingo Free and Plus. Check it out…
Support for more languages:
- English (US and UK)
- French (Canada and France)
- Spanish (Mexico, Americas and Spain)
New Features and Fixes:
- SafeReader for Calendar Reminders (Plus Version Only)
- New Facebook update method
- Fix for Twitter login
I missed being able to update my Twitter status with Vlingo, but it’s all fixed now. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Vlingo, it’s an app that you can use while driving that allows you to update your status on Twitter and Facebook, call, email, and text, calendar and more all from your BlackBerry. Plus will also allow you to copy and paste into other applications. It works by using your voice as voice dictation and using a shortcut key to open Vlingo so that you can give the voice commands. It also includes SafeReader which reads your texts and emails to you.
With Vlingo you can:
- send a text or email message to any contact
- search the web using Google or Yahoo!
- call a friend
- update your Facebook or Twitter status
- Use instant messengers: including BBM (BlackBerry Messenger), AIM, Yahoo, Windows Live
- Speak to virtually any application
Plus is only $19.99 in the BlackBerry App World, and gives you an advantage with the extra features.
If you have Vlingo, you should either have notice from within the app or BlackBerry App World to update your Vlingo to the next version. If you don’t want to wait try the following: Open BlackBerry App World, press Alt and at the same time press R, S, and T. It will log out and you can relog back in to your BlackBerry ID account in the BlackBerry App World and it will refresh and show your apps that need updating.