It’s been long rumored that a full QWERTY touchscreen BlackBerry is in the works. BGR has once again confirmed a new BlackBerry code-named Dakota, which will bring some impressive specs and features. The BlackBerry Dakota is expected to be a 3G smartphone, running the newly announced BlackBerry OS 6.1, sport a 5.0 megapixel camera, with HD video recording, and include 4GB of internal memory, with 768MB of RAM. In terms of a BlackBerry smartphone these specs seem pretty solid.
The BlackBerry Dakota is also rumored to feature a mobile hotspot feature, accelerometer, and will be 10.5mm thin! Although we have no indication when it will launch, all we can hope for is soon. Here is the full rumored specs for the BlackBerry Dakota:
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Tri-band UMTS
- 5 megapixel camera with HD video recording, flash, and image stabilization
- 4GB of built in storage, 768MB of RAM
- 2.8-inch VGA 640×480 capacitive screen
- WiFi b,g,n on 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies
- 3G mobile hotspot!
- MicroUSB port
- Proximity sensor
- 10.5mm thin
- Launches with BlackBerry OS 6.1