Back a year or two ago, BlackBerry and Apple computers didn’t play so nice. But since the launch of the official BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac, RIM has made it quite simple to manage your BlackBerry, including backup/restore, iTunes Sync, add/remove apps, and software updates. RIM has posted a quick walk through of how to update your BlackBerry with an official release using BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac. The guide has pictures and all, it’s pretty handy guide for those with a Mac and stuck on older software.
Here’s the steps if you don’t want pictures:
1. Connect your BlackBerry smartphone to your Mac computer via USB.
2. On your Mac computer, in the Applications folder, click BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
3. Click on Backup at the top of BlackBerry Desktop Software and follow the instructions. This will insure that all of your data is backed up prior to proceeding with the update.
4. Click the Applications icon at the top of the screen.
5. In the list of available applications, select the check box beside one or more applications.
6. Click Start.
If you want to see pictures and all check out the BlackBerry Help Blog for details.