Hats off to Bellshare GmbH for the BerryWeather update! They’ve added so much more, it makes my favorite weather app even better! Support for Twitter is just the beginning too. BerryWeather was voted Best Weather App 2010 and is available in the BlackBerry Sync Store if you don’t have it already. What’s new?
- Added push support to instantly notify about weather alerts without draining the battery.
- Added support for custom icons. They’re looking forward to iconsets created by the community!
- Added support for BlackBerry Location Based Services on OS 5.0 and higher devices for cell location lookup. This greatly improves cell location lookup accuracy.
- Improved weather alert support and filtering.
- Added new icon size XXX-Large
- Added new theme “Day & Night Transparent”
- New default background image in Day & Night theme. Shows sunlit sky for daytime, moonlit sky for nighttime locations.
- Transitions smoothly between locations on touchscreen devices
- Added support for wide background images. If a background image is wider than the screen it will scroll slightly in the background while you move from location to location.
- Added option to show a shortcut on the homescreen for selected locations (OS 6.0 only)
- New titlebar showing full device radio status and application indicators (OS 6.0 only)
- Added support for restricting auto update during certain hours of the day
- Added option to toggle automatic/manual updating per location.
- Added option to turn off advisories for a location.
- Added ‘lighten/darken’ background setting for homescreen wallpaper.
- Added separate font settings for homescreen wallpaper.
- Added daily/hourly forecast option to homescreen wallpaper
- Added drop shadows below text for better legibility
- Added option to select font family (OS 5.0 and higher)
- And many bug fixes.
This is all added to the already amazing weather app. If you have BerryWeather, please update it now. You can update it in one of two ways. You can go online and log into the BlackBerry Sync Store, go to My Apps and click on the BerryWeather and choose to send the download link to your phone. Or you can go to the mobile BlackBerry Sync Super Store and go to my apps and download from there.
If you don’t have BerryWeather, now’s a great time to find out why it’s been voted the best weather app of 2010. It’s available in the BlackBerry Sync Store for $9.95.