Through out the night last night, RIM quietly updated all carriers to BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) 3.2. This update brings a couple new features with the most notable being Google Calendar Sync built right into your email setup. Other new features of BIS 3.2 include:
- Google Calendar Sync – The option to sync your Gmail calendar with your BlackBerry calendar
- Automatic Login Enhancement – Username and Password in order to access the BlackBerry Internet Service no longer required when on your BlackBerry
- Show and Hide Password Option – Subscribers can choose to show or hide the passwords for all email addresses that need to be validated by clicking the Show password or Hide password options.
- New Password Criteria – Newly created passwords for BlackBerry Internet Service accounts and BlackBerry email addresses must meet new criteria.
- Must include 8 to 16 characters
- Must include at least one letter and one number
- Cannot include the word “password”
- Cannot include the user name of the BlackBerry Internet Service account or BlackBerry email address that the password is associated with
So how do you tell? Simply log into your email settings from your BlackBerry smartphone (usually found under setup). After logging in, go to an email account hosted by Google (Gmail or Google Apps), click edit, and scroll down to synchronization options. Under there you should see Deleted Items, Contacts, and now Calender.