RIM recently rolled out BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) 3.2 to customers in the Asia Pacific region. Now it’s expected that RIM plans to release BIS 3.2 to North American users (which includes Canada, USA, and Mexico). The new BIS 3.2 upgrade brings Google Calendar sync, updated login enhancements, show/hide password option for all email accounts, and stronger password criteria for BIS logins. Check out the full details below…
Google Mail Calendar Synchronization – Subscribers can perform two-way synchronization of Google® calendar entries and entries in the calendar application on the BlackBerry® smartphone.
- Requires BlackBerry® Device Software 22.214.171.124 or later
- For more information, please see KB24209
Automatic Login Enhancements – The automatic login feature is now available to more subscribers. Subscribers who use a user name and password to access their BlackBerry Internet Service accounts no longer have to type their user name and password on their smartphones to manage their email addresses.
- Requires BlackBerry Device Software 4.6 and earlier
- The BlackBerry smartphone must be associated with a wireless service provider that requires the use of a WAP browser on the smartphone to access email management screens
Show and Hide Password Option – Subscribers can choose to show or hide the passwords for all email addresses that need to be validated by clicking the Show password or Hide password options.
New Password Criteria – Newly created passwords for BlackBerry Internet Service accounts and BlackBerry email addresses must meet new criteria.
- Must include 8 to 16 characters
- Must include at least one letter and one number
- Cannot include the word “password”
- Cannot include the user name of the BlackBerry Internet Service account or BlackBerry email address that the password is associated with