Whoops! Looks like we forgot to post this yesterday.
Verizon Wireless has announced the BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330 is coming soon. The new Curve 3G 9330 is fully BlackBerry 6 OS ready thanks to its memory upgrade. Sadly the camera hasn’t been upgraded from 2.0 megapixel and there is still no flash on the device. Verizon will be releasing this device for business customers starting September 16th, followed by consumers in the coming weeks. Verizon will offer the Curve 3G in both Charcoal or Fuchsia Red for $29.99 with two year term (after $100 mail-in rebate). For complete details visit verizonwireless.com.
Verizon Wireless and RIM Launch a New Model of the Popular BlackBerry Curve 3G Smartphone
Stylish 3G Addition to the Popular Curve Family Is Fast, Easy to Use, Feature Rich, and BlackBerry 6 Ready
BASKING RIDGE, NEW JERSEY and WATERLOO, ONTARIO–(Marketwire – Sept. 14, 2010) – Verizon Wireless and Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ:RIMM)(TSX:RIM) today announced a new 3G addition to the popular BlackBerry Curve family of smartphones. Running on the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G data network, the new BlackBerry(R) Curve(TM) 3G smartphone (model 9330) will be available in business sales channels beginning Sept. 16. It will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks.
Colors: Charcoal or Fuchsia Red
Key features and specifications:
– Stylish new design (4.3″ x 2.4″ x .55″ and 3.7 oz.) with face finished
in a mirror-like trim; black, soft-touch sides; and textured back for a
comfortable, secure feel in the hand
– 35-key full QWERTY backlit keyboard for fast, accurate typing and
optical trackpad for easy and fluid navigation
– Dedicated media keys integrated along the top of the smartphone, so
music lovers can easily access their tunes while on the go
– BlackBerry(R) Media Sync to easily sync music as well as photos with the
– 512 MB Flash memory and microSD/SDHC slot that supports up to 32 GB
memory cards for media storage
– Built-in GPS with support for geo-tagging and location-based
applications, including VZ Navigator(R), which provides audible turn-by-
turn directions to millions of points of interest and the option to
share the directions with others
– Built-in Wi-Fi(R) (802.11 b/g) for fast browsing; smooth music
streaming; and the ability to talk on the phone while browsing the Web,
instant message with BBM(TM) (BlackBerry(R) Messenger), and share
location with friends on popular social networking sites
– Camera with video recording (requires a separately sold microSD card)
– Industry-leading BlackBerry e-mail and messaging capabilities
– Easy mobile access to Facebook(R), Twitter(TM), MySpace(TM) and
Flickr(R) as well as popular instant messaging services
– Support for BlackBerry App World(TM), featuring a broad and growing
catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for
– Premium phone features, including voice-activated dialing, speakerphone,
and Bluetooth(R) (2.1)
BlackBerry(R) 6 ready:
– The BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone ships with BlackBerry(R) 5 and is
BlackBerry(R) 6 ready. BlackBerry 6 is a new operating system for
BlackBerry(R) smartphones that retains the trusted features that
distinguish the BlackBerry brand while delivering a fresh and engaging
experience that is both powerful and easy to use. BlackBerry 6 is
expected to be available for the BlackBerry Curve 3G, upon network
certification, in the coming months.
Pricing and availability:
– The BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone (model 9330) will be available in
business sales channels on Sept. 16, and it will be available online and
in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks for $29.99
after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a
voice plan with an Email and Web feature or an Email and Web for
BlackBerry plan. Data plans for the BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone begin
at $29.99 when added to any Nationwide voice plan. Customers will
receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt,
customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
– For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a
Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to
www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers can contact their Verizon
Wireless Business Sales Representative at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.
– To learn more about the new BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone, visit
www.blackberry.com/curve3G. For more information about BlackBerry 6, go
(i)Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies. Photo syncing is currently only available for Windows-based PCs.