SmrtGuard has updated to v2.75 so if you use SmrtGuard, we strongly encourage you to update your app. SmrtGuard is a great security app that has Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam, Backup, Restore, Your Data, FollowMe, Where I’ve Been, Personal Guardian, and SIM Guardian all in one app! What’s new?
Here’s the latest new features:
• ADDED My Account Screen within the application
• IMPROVED SmrtGuard for BlackBerry running OS 6.
• UPDATED with new and secure way to authenticate with Twitter (for Personal Guardian feature)
• FIXED issues with Call Blocker – Call Blocker will block without any short burst of ringtone and blocked calls will NOT goto voicemail.
• FIXED minor issue with Email SPAM Blocker
• ADDED email notification for Audio Ping and Remote Lock and also record action as location history
• ADDED Application Notification on Home Screen if SmrtGuard finds any issue with backup and/or spyware scan
• Other improvements and fixes
Also added are:
• Added GPS support (if available and enabled) to Personal Guardian along with the default network triangulation to determine location.
• Added Twitter intergration with Personal Guardian. When Personal Guardian is triggered, you will have the option to send a post to your Twitter account with location links.
- 1. To setup Twitter with Personal Guardian, you first have to authenticate your Twitter Account with Personal Guardian by going to the “Options” menu in the SmrtGuard device application and filling out your Twitter username/password.
- 2. Next, go to the Personal Guardian menu option and select Twitter as an option.
• SimCard Guardian supports CDMA devices with SIMCards
There are two ways to update your app.
- Click on the SmrtGuard icon.
- Click on About in the SmrtGuard Menu
- Click on “Check For Upgrade”
Or grab your update at the SmrtGuard link here and click on download.
If you don’t have SmrtGuard, it’s available in the BlackBerry Sync Store in three subscriptions.