SmrtGuard updated with updates to call block and email spam block as well. For those of you who haven’t heard of SmrtGuard Mobile Security, it’s available in the BlackBerry Sync Store, BlackBerry App World (both the free and pro), and at their website as well.
For those of you who haven’t heard about SmrtGuard, there’s the two versions I mentioned. The free version includes:
- Find lost or stolen smartphone and track it remotely via GPS through SmrtGuard.com
- Remotely Lock your smartphone to prevent unauthorized use of phone or data.
- Block unwanted calls and create “blacklists” for those numbers.
- Emergency distress calls with a single button push on the smartphone. When activated, it sends out a distress email, SMS and/or phone call for help.
- Allow other trusted users (i.e. loved ones) to track the smartphone via the web. Great for parents to know where their children are.
- If an Unregistered SIM Card is put into the device, SmrtGuard sends a warning email and tracking turns on.
The Pro version contains the features above as well as:
- Real-time protection against the latest viruses and malware.
- Schedule automatic virus scans and auto updates with the latest virus definitions.
- Remove email spam.
- Create and backup Spam “blacklists” to transfer to a new smartphone.
Over-the-Air Backup & Restore
- Schedule automatic wireless backups of personal data.
- Access personal data via the web and restore data to the device wirelessly.
- Easily migrate data wirelessly to a new device.
- In case of permanent loss, smartphone data can be remotely wiped via web
To update your SmrtGuard, you can either update it through BlackBerry App World, or you can go to the app on your device, click the BlackBerry Menu key and select about, and click the BlackBerry Menu button once more and select “Check for Update” or you can click on the following link: smrtguard update ota