I’ve been using SocialScope since it launched in early beta a long time ago, and ever since then I was always curious to know whats going on with them. Well if you’re a regular SocialScope user and abuser you know that they’ve been a little quiet lately, until the past week or so. It seems they are back in full force with the launch of a new update, which has been released to most SocialScope users. It seems SocialScope plans to finally compete with other Twitter clients like: Twitter for BlackBerry, UberTwitter, and Blaq – which looks pretty insane as well.
The new version of SocialScope (.129) brings:
- Full Facebook Experience: We’ve upped our Facebook experience 1000x with Facebook Friends list, Facebook pages, Full Facebook Profiles, Private Messages and Notifications. SocialScope is the best way to use Facebook on your BlackBerry.
- Inbox Integration: Powerful inbox integration allows you to select exactly which messages appear in your BlackBerry inbox.
- Mute: Tired of hearing from a user, application(farmville!) or topic? Now you can block those updates.
- Reduced Battery Usage: We’ve tuned, tweaked and optimized SocialScope to dramatically reduced battery usage. The most powerful social networking app now also the most power efficient.
- Interface Tweaks: SocialScope is faster and easier to use. We’ve made interface tweaks through out the app based on your feedback.
- Invites (coming later this week!): You’ve been asking for a way to share SocialScope with your friends and we’ll be delivering that later this week.
- Lots of Bug Fixes: We went bug hunting and fixed many issues including url shirking, removing Twitter accounts and location lookup.
If you don’t have a copy of SocialScope yet. No worries! Looks like invites will start arriving to existing SocialScope users any day now. Did you get a copy of the new SocialScope? Post a comment below and let us know what you think…