We have good news! Verizon has unleashed an update for the BlackBerry Tour to v126.96.36.1992. The update is available now and you can either update OTA, online with the Web Loader, or the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Updating your Tour is highly recommended and would be in your best interest? Why? Check it out…
According to the Verizon website, the software upgrade included the following:
- Improved audio when accepting a Push to Talk call from a mobile contact.
- Placing the speaker volume on silent will no longer affect the earpiece volume when placing a Push to Talk call.
- Updating your device software will no longer disable Push to Talk.
- Device enhancements made when switching from a CDMA to GSM network.
- Trackball response is no longer affected by launching Push to Talk while Web browsing.
- Setting a contact alert in the sound profiles application now only requires one click to save.
- Open voice-mail messages from the text message application with no issues.
- GlobalAccess Connect support.
- For international Internet access, you can tether your smartphone to a notebook.
The following Improvements have been made:
- Push to Talk alert tone responds faster.
- Push to Talk answering capabilities have been improved.
- The Push to Talk key now responds when receiving Push to Talk calls.
- Video-message audio and video playback has been improved.
- Improvements to audio when placing a phone call while using a headset.
- The Voice Activated Dialing functionality now recognizes Japanese.
- Song progress bars now scroll more smoothly.
- Your device will now connect to GSM/UMTS networks more easily.
- VZ Navigator® “Say it” menu has been improved.
- Text message display has been improved when using the Japanese language.
- Data service reception has been improved.
If you need assistance in performing the update, and would like step by step instructions on how to do the update you can find them at the website here
Both BlackBerry and Verizon are encouraging the update, so if you have the Tour, update it now
To update your OS OTA you can do the following:
- Be sure the phone is charged at least halfway or more.
- Go to Options/Advanced Options/Wireless Update and continue on.
- Keep in mind that the OTA takes a little longer than doing it online.
You can update the software online by going to the site here:
I’ve noticed that clicking on links seems improved. If you notice any differences and noticeable improvements that aren’t listed, please share.