I love BerryBuzz, it’s one of my fave apps that I can’t do without. BerryBuzz had an update that added so much more to it. You can find BerryBuzz in the BlackBerry Sync App Store, so let me go through all the details of the updated app and what the app can do for you.
What is BerryBuzz? Here’s the description from the BlackBerry Sync App Store:
The essential alert tool for every BlackBerry.
It will repeat alerts until acknowledged so you will never miss an alert again.
Plus it adds the option to vibrate while ringing for incoming calls and notifications.
What’s new with BerryBuzz v3.0.57?
- Major rework of the user interface (Includes option to black out all screens)
- Added support for instango, BeejiveIM, IM+, WhatsApp, Skype, MySpace, Twitter (RIM), TweetGenius, UberTwitter, SocialScope, OpenBeak, Viigo, ebay App, MeterBerry
- Addded option to vibrate while ringing for all notifications
- Added 4 new colors and 12 new LED disco colors
- Added support for stacking 2 LED colors for even more color variations
- Added contact LEDs that let you assign LED colors to calls/SMS/e-mails from specific contacts
- Added option to vibrate/play sound when call connected/disconnected
- Many bug fixes
For those of you who aren’t familiar with BerryBuzz, let me run through what the features of BerryBuzz are:
- Customizable LED color and individual repeating audible alert for
- E-Mails (individual for each account or one for all)
- PIN Messages
- Level 1 Messages
- BlackBerry Messenger
- GoogleMail App
- AOL Instant Messenger
- Windows Live Messenger
- Google Talk
- Yahoo! Messenger
- Missed phone calls
- BerryWeather, instango, BeejiveIM, IM+, WhatsApp, Skype, MySpace, Twitter (RIM), TweetGenius, UberTwitter, SocialScope, OpenBeak, Viigo, ebay App, MeterBerry
- Customizable LED color for
- Incoming Call
- Coverage Indicator (When Radio/Data is available or when Radio/Data is not available)
- Charging Indicator
- Indicator when battery fully charged (automatically turns off after customizable interval)
- Battery low indicator with customizable threshold
- Customizable vibrate for incoming calls and notifications. Vibrates while ringing.
- Assign LED colors to calls/SMS/e-mails from specific contacts
- When multiple alerts are active at the same time, every color will flash in a repeating pattern.
- In addition to the predefined colors you can create an unlimited number of custom LED colors
- Stack 2 LED colors for even more color variations
- 12 rapid flashing “disco colors” will draw even more attention to your phone
- Define a schedule with hours of day and days of week when all LED flashing and reminders will automatically be muted
- LED flashing speed is fully customizable
- Optional slow down or stop of LED flashing after specified time to save battery life
- Vibrate/play sound when a call is connected/disconnected
- Backup and restore of settings to media card
- Optimized for minimum battery and memory usage
It’s an essential tool that comes in handy in so many situations. If you have to silence your phone, you can still see what type of messages you are receiving, personalize them now with more colors and combinations. It’s a great app that once you use, you’ll want to keep.
******BerryBuzz was updated v3.0.57, but as I was highlighting the new changes, there is a place in the options that has check for updates, and Bellshare GmbH has updated BerryBuzz to v3.0.58 already in just hours! ****
BerryBuzz is available in the BlackBerry Sync App Store for $5.95.
For readers who have the previous version, you are able to upgrade to the newest version by one of two ways. You can either go to the online BlackBerry Sync App Store and sign in, go to My Apps, and click on the download icon which will give you the option of upgrading to the next version for $1.99 and go to check out and you will have the newest version. Or you can also upgrade from the Mobile BlackBerry Sync Super Store and upgrade from there.