Bolt Browser has grown a lot over the past year and a bit, and today at the beginning of CTIA 2010, Bitstream (creators of Bolt Borwser) has announced the launch of Bolt Browser 2.0 Beta. The new version of Bolt Browser brings Tabbed Browsing, along with a ton of other new features and upgrades. Skip on over the break below and see a full list of features, or follow the link below to download it.
“Each new version of BOLT becomes more exciting to announce,” said Anna Magliocco-Chagnon, president and CEO of Bitstream. “We are closely listening to our end-users through our user forum, our Twitter and Facebook pages, and their comments on blog posts and articles, and they are guiding our development roadmap in important ways. It is this close relationship we are building with our users to which we attribute our stunning growth. BOLT added 1 million new users in the last five weeks alone.”
New Features for Bolt Browser 2.0:
- Perfect rendering of Web pages on any class of phone, scoring 100 percent on the Web Standard’s project Acid3 test.
- Streaming video from many of the world’s most popular video sharing websites, including YouTube, MySpace, Blip.TV and MetaCafe, as well as websites that stream videos such as CNN, ESPN and any website with embedded YouTube videos.
- Super fast download speeds.
- Copy and pasting text.
- Built-in integration with Twitter and Facebook.
- Password manager.
- Download/Upload manager.
- The inclusion of widgets, standalone mobile applications that are run directly from the browser, such as a weather app, calendar app, calculator, Twitter client and others. These widgets let people using any phone take part in the mobile apps revolution.
- Best of breed over-the-air data compression, resulting in faster load times and decreased data usage.
- Patented split screen viewing to make surfing complicated Web pages simple, and viewing content on the smallest of screens easy.
- Additional notable upgrades in BOLT 2.0 include a faster widget gallery with updated user interface and a server upgrade to WebKit 4.03