High Velocity IT Inc let us know about their application bhivetasks v1.0 which is now available in the BlackBerry Sync App Store. The application is a Todo assistant, letting you add tasks and sorting them out in folders and even priorities. I had to install and try out the app so I could show it to you.
bhivetasks is available in the BlackBerry Sync App Store for $3.99. There’s also a fourteen day free trial that allows you to check it out for yourself and see what you think.
The description in the store is as follows:
bhivetasks delivers a geat BlackBerry user experience to make task management fun, help you stay motivated and be productive
It contains the following features:
- The start screen will give you a complete overview of your busy life at a glance including, planning for tomorrow, overdue tasks and high priority activities.
- The quick search is one of the most powerful features of bhivetasks. On any screen, just start typing any letter and the tool filters the data for you, making it easy to find tasks.
- From the dashboard you can drill down into the 4 different views: status, due date, folder, and priority. Each view will group and sort your tasks accordingly, keeping you organized.
- The calendar due date feature allows you to schedule your tasks and can show you the number of action items per day, helping you plan your days and weeks. This is a great feature to ensure don’t over allocate yourself on any particular date.
- You have the option to add a reminder with you task. The reminder will be synchronized with your blackberry calendar and will help you keep on top of your to-do list.
I installed bhivetasks on my BlackBerry Tour 9630. The app installed quickly. It appears as a grey icon that has the word Tasks and a pattern. Clicking on the icon gives you the Dashboard displaying five sections: Quick Add; Status; Due Date; Folders; and Priority. I’ll go through each of these.
If you click on Quick Add it gives you the New Task page. Here you enter the task name, click on No Due Date to add a due date and set a reminder, Default Folder so you can choose how you want to organize your tasks, and the Priority. It’s by default set to Medium but you can choose whether it needs to be of high priority as well. It also has a portion at the bottom to add more notes.
Status shows the status of the tasks, if they are still pending they are open.
Due Date shows when each task is due. Each tasks shows the date due next to it.
Folders will show what folders you have assigned such as reviews, papers, meetings, etc.
All in all, the app is a quick add for notes and tasks, convenient for those on the go and busy. Whether you need it for business, as a student, as a busy mom or dad…it’s got you covered. The reminders are nice as well. No wear and tear on the battery and it works great to keep you focused. It’s like the short hand assistant.
I didn’t have any complications, no freezing, and no errors. The app is small and light on the BlackBerry. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a small quick todo app.
bhivetasks is compatible with OS: 4.2, 4.3, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, and 5.0
bhivetasks is compatible with the following BlackBerry devices: