I really love BerryBuzz by Bellshare GmbH. It’s a program that adds color alerts to various messages, allowing you to choose the color and how often. I have some pics to share but I’m glad with the updates because even though it doesn’t say support for 5.0, it seems to be working even better on my Tour. What’s new?
If you have BerryBuzz, updating is easy. You can go to the BlackBerry Sync Store, sign in, and go to My Apps and update your app by downloading. Or do it the easy way, right from the BlackBerry Sync Mobile SuperStore. Install and sign in to update your app right from the store itself. If you don’t have the app, no worries, you can grab a copy from the BlackBerry Sync Store today.
According to the Developer Message, here’s what’s new:
- Added support for backup and restore of settings to media card
- Added support for BerryWeather and GoogleMail App
- Notification will be canceled when messages are marked as opened (by two-way sync/BES)
The essential alert tool for every BlackBerry.
BerryBuzz extends your default Blackberry alert system. BerryBuzz allows you to customze the LED color and create repeating audible reminders for many alert types.
It will repeat alerts until acknowledged so you will never miss an alert again.
Plus it adds customizable vibrate for incoming calls. Finally you an have your BlackBerry vibrates while it is ringing.
- Customizable LED color and individual repeating audible alert for
- E-Mails (individual for each account or one for all)
- PIN Messages
- Level 1 messages
- BlackBerry Messenger
- GoogleMail App
- AOL Instant Messenger
- Windows Live Messenger
- Google Talk
- Yahoo! Messenger
- Missed phone calls
- Customizable LED color for
- Incoming Call
- Coverage Indicator
- Charging Indicator
- Indicator when battery fully charged (automatically turns off after customizable interval)
- Battery low indicator with customizable threshold
- When multiple alerts are active at the same time, every color will flash in a repeating pattern.
- Customizable rapid flashing LED for incoming phone calls
- Customizable vibrate for incoming calls. Vibrates while ringing.
- Customizable coverage indicator will flash when radio/data is/is not available
- Optional slow down or stop of LED flashing after specified time to save battery life
- Create your own customized LED colors
- Define a schedule with hours of day and days of week when all LED flashing and reminders will automatically be muted
- Optimized for minimum battery and memory usage
I really like it for when you have your phone on silent, but you’re waiting for that important message, you can see what’s coming in and know whether it’s an SMS, email (which email), an alert of some sort, etc. Another feature I love is that you are able to design what color if you want a personalized color either by code or by color spectrum and name the color. I’m a big fan of BerryWeather and BerryBuzz, so you’ll have to check it out and let me know what you think.