First I should point out this only applies to BlackBerry devices above the 83xx series. Slacker has released the next update, and I have to let you know, it’s a great improvement. Lots of new changes and more from the radio app you can cache with. They released this to Canada, but now it’s available to the U.S., let’s look.
Today I found out that Slacker Radio updated and I was looking forward to the change. What’s new with 3.0?
- Updated interface
- Faster application startup time
- Significantly smaller application size
- Improved touch interface for BlackBerry Storm
- Greatly improved battery life
- New settings menu options
- Tabbed info view for lyrics, reviews and biographies
- Context Aware – click a highlighted artist name in a text message or email to enable direct launch of a related Slacker station
- Create custom stations based on artists or songs
- View album art and photos
- Rate songs as favorites
- Ban the songs and artists you don’t like
And what’s new with Premium?
- Wireless station caching – listen to Slacker Radio without a Wi-Fi or mobile network connection
- Greatly improved battery life on cached station playback
- Auto Station Refresh – effortlessly updates cached stations overnight
- Unlimited song skipping
- Ad-free listening
- Complete song lyrics*
- Unlimited song requests for creating stations
Premium Slacker Radio is $3.99 a month. I’ve included some pictures for those of you who have compatible devices. For those of you who don’t, you can still use slacker, just not v3.0.
If you have a device 83xx or lower, you will be given the version that works best for your device.
If you have Slacker Radio, let us know your thoughts. I know it’s the option for Canada, but as far as the U.S., how many of our readers are Slacker fans and how many love both Pandora and Slacker? Show us your thoughts!