UPDATE: I’m going to hold off writing a full hands-on write up, as it feels that this app is still a little wonky. I’ve been noticing a lot of freezing issues on my BlackBerry Bold 9700, therefore I think it’s best if I wait for now. Meanwhile you can check out the official Inside Blackberry blog for their hands-on photos.
Early this morning RIM announced their long awaited Twitter for BlackBerry App is Coming Soon! Although, no launch dates we’re announced. The BBSync Team has been invited by RIM to test out the new app, and we will bring our first thoughts right from our twitter account @blackberrysync. You can register to get updates when the Twitter app becomes available to the public by visiting blackberry.com/twitter.
The Twitter for BlackBerry App offers:
- Get your direct messages as soon as they arrive
- Reply to tweets, re-tweet and send direct messages
- Post a link from your BlackBerry® Browser
- Take a funny picture and upload it
- Follow friends or search for popular topics
Stay tuned for a hands-on preview coming up later today…