Rory let us know that InstantLog has been updated, and there’s been quite a few enhancements. InstantLog is an app that logs emails and sms to your BlackBerry calendar and backup emails and sms messages to IMAP email. It’s a great way to keep those messages of importance that you don’t want to lose. What’s new? Read on…
InstantLog has been rewritten to increase reliability and some great new features so if you thought it was good then, you can expect great now. InstantLog by Twinkler Software LLC (the same software company who brought you the app AddOnis), is available in the BlackBerry Sync Store for $3.99 but is on sale for the special price of $3.19 until January 31st.
The description of InstantLog is as follows:
InstantLog runs silently and unobtrusively in the background letting the user choose to log Incoming Email and/or SMS Messages to the native Blackberry Calendar (user selectable) AND/OR BACKUP TO IMAP EMAIL ACCOUNTS! (optimized for Gmail). Optionally, InstantLog can also record all Incoming, Outgoing, and Missed Calls to the Calendar AND/OR TO IMAP EMAIL ACCOUNTS! The user can select a calendar for logging if multiple calendars are available on the device. InstantLog also features a Logging Firewall that allows the user to define Email and SMS messages that will not be logged for privacy purposes! Use InstantLog for Business to record important communications or for billing purposes and save the information to your work calendar or Email. Use InstantLog personally to save important communications to your personal calendar or Email. InstantLog lets you choose a different calendar to save each type of message to and is compatible with multiple BES / BIS calendars and IMAP Email Accounts! (Optimized for Gmail with IMAP enabled).
The new improvements and features are:
- Log Placed/Received/Missed Calls to Calendar.
- Log calls to user configurable Calendar and optionally mark as Private.
- NEW! Backup Sent/Received Calls to IMAP Mail Server with user configurable directory and optionally mark it as read.
- NEW! “Blacklist” feature lets users configure which calls will not be logged to Calendar/Email.
- Log/Sent/Received SMS messages to Calendar.
- Log SMS to User Configurable Calendar and optionally mark as Private.
- NEW! Backup Sent/Recevied SMS to IMAP Mail Server with user configurable directory and optionally mark as Read.
- New! “Blacklist” feature lets users configure which SMS messages will not be logged to Calendar/Email.
- Log received Email messages to Calendar.
- Log Emails to User Configurable Calendar and optionally mark as Private.
- New “Blacklist” feature lets users configure which Emails will not be logged to the Calendar.
IMAP (new to 1.6)
- NEW! Support of any IMAP Mail Server. (Optimal cnfiguration is achieved using Gmail Account).
- NEW! Support Gmails’s chat style messages.
- NEW! UTF-8 encoding, multi-language support.
- NEW! User Configurable Transfer Indicator when uploading message to the IMAP Server.
Backup to the IMAP server is immediate.
If you have InstantLog, be sure to go to the BlackBerry Sync Store, sign in, go to My Apps and update to the latest version. Or you can update on your BlackBerry going through the mobile App Store.
If you don’t have InstantLog, now’s a great time to get it.