Thanks to Jimmy from Medicine 3.0 who gave us a heads up on a great article, “25 Essential BlackBerry Apps For Health And Fitness“. I know with health and fitness being very important, you can never find enough health apps to download, but where can you start? This article gives you a place to begin.
The list is mostly taken from the BlackBerry App World. I am going to list them in order, but also going to list some apps that are in the BlackBerry Sync Store that are similar. What’s great is that the BlackBerry isn’t just your link to friends, family, customers. It’s your coach, your manager, and can help you help yourself. Let’s see what apps the article highlighted and I’ll list a few more for you as well.
1. Brio Calorie Tracker. Â This app is popular and free, also allowing you to backup and sync your records. It has a graph for daily intake too.
2. Calorie County by Fat Secret. A quick pick to find calorie and nutrition information. It contains a food diary, weight chart, and journal to keep track of progress, and it’s free.
3. Calorie Count Nutrition Search. You can count calories and find nutritional information on this app, which brings About.comâ€™s popular food and dient resource, Caloriecount.com, within instant reach.
4. FluRadar. This app by webXlls GmbH is not a game, it’s a way to keep up to date with the outbreaks of the Swine Flu or H1N1. Find out where the outbreaks are.
5. GoodFoodNearYou. This app by Global Fitness Media allows you to find the best food options at twenty restaurants near you, no matter your location. Using a Zip Code, you can search over 36,000 restaurant menu items from over 250,000 U.S. restaurant locations.
6. My Personal Health Record. This app works with an online site to be able to keep track of your family’s health record wherever you go.
7. Total Fitness For BlackBerry 1. The app runs for $29.99 and is a program that contains a database of over 5000 food items and all their nutritional information. It also contains a database of over 60 weight-training exercises sorted by body part. You can track blood pressure, pulses, measurements, etc.
8. VClinic Mobile Health. This app is supposed to help you figure out your calorie intake. By the reviews I did notice it’s measured by UK, so there’s the use of stones. And the food selection is primarily British. So I’m not sure if this free app would work.
BlackBerry Apps Under $10
9. Cholesterol Cutter. This app is $2.99 and contains a treatment plan setup with dietary and exercise goals. A diet plan to help you lower your cholesterol. Select the type of exercise you’re comfortable with. Keep a record of all medications.
10. Diet Fitness Diary. This app is $7.99. It tracks daily calories, has a burn-meter, offers diet tips and an image gallery. you can track you daily calorie intakes against your workouts, track health history, and customize a wellness program.
11. Food Gauge. This app runs $2.99. This is a food rating system that help you to make healthier eating choices by analyzing the types of food that you eat. When you enter the nutrition label information into the calculator, this tool will provide you with the foodâ€™s numerical score.
12. Health Browser. This app is $7.99. Browse diseases, conditions, emergencies, drugs, tips, drug dosages, drug conflicts, and images for a healthier lifestyle.
13. Hypertension. This app runs $9.99. It is for the management of hypertension and associated risks. It has definitions, medications, explains what you’re taking for what, and use calculators for BMI, metabolic syndrome, coronary artery disease risk and stroke risk.
14. iFitness. Â This app is $3.99 and provides a comprehensive exercise database that provides clear pictures and instructions for over 230 exercises. Users can create a customized workout or use ten routines that offer varying goals from weight loss to ab definition and more.
15. KeepFit. This app is $4.99, and is filled with facts and tips that you can use to learn more about natural foods and how they can affect your health. Use an alphabetical index of 45 items and learn about fruit juices and healing foods. Sponsored by Nature Cure with Natural Foods.
16. Mobile Rush Hour Recipes. This app is $4.99. Holly Cleggâ€™s highly-popular recipes can come to the rescue of any busy person with her easy options for dinner. Meals include â€œtrim&Terrificâ€ options with instructions, shopping lists, photos and nutritional information. Expect banner advertisements appropriate to the content.
17. Runner and Fitness Cog. This app is $2.99. This is a handy app for runners and athletes that includes eleven utilities for various fitness calculations. All tools support U.S. standard English and metric measurements. Calculate pace, time or distance and you even can track the usage (mileage) of your shoes.
18. Total Fitness For BlackBerry. This app by MOBITEQ is $29.99. This Blackberry app allows you to manage daily nutrition, exercise and health in one of the most advanced and complete fitness software programs available. Track your daily food intake, try the workout routines and track health data such as body weight, blood pressure and more.
BlackBerry Apps Between $10 and $20
19. Diet Science. This app is $10.99. This app provides a deeper understanding about the food you eat. Many calculators, nutritional pyramids and diets included, so you can learn more about how to develop a balanced and healthy diet for your lifestyle.
20. FitDeck Mobile. This app is $14.95 and it’s one of my personal faves. It is the Navy Seal’s workout using your body to strengthen and work out. A popular app that helps users get fit and stay fit. The exercises contained within this app require no weights or equipment as are designed for people of any fitness level. The exercises include simple descriptive images and instructions and users can shuffle exercises to create variety.
21. Glycemic Index Meal Planner. This app runs $13.99. Do you need a meal planner that calculates overall Glycemic Index (GI) and Glycemic Load (GL)? This app can help build healthy diets for diabetics, for weight loss, for sports performance and more.
22. Health Diet Manager. This app is $19.99. This health and diet manager comes with an extensive food database that includes menus from fast-food restaurants, too. Users can take advantage of a manager that tracks point balances (for diet programs such as WeightWatchers) and a means to track health-related data such as pulse rate, glucose and insulin levels, hours of sleep and much more.
BlackBerry Apps Over $20
23. Five Minute Clinical Consult For Mobile And Web. This app is $79.99. Receive fast and to-the-point guidance on diagnoses and treatments for over 700 medical conditions seen in everyday practice. Although geared toward medical practice, this app is available to anyone who wants information about diagnoses, treatment, medications, follow-up and patient teaching tools.
24. Ascendo Fitness Diet and Exercise Assistant. This app is $29.99. Set objectives, track nutrition, exercise and strength training, measure your progress with graphs and calculate several fitness ratios using personal information in U.S. or metric measurements. This app includes a Windows desktop companion, which includes a comprehensive list of 7,293 nutrition items based upon the USDA Standard Reference Database. In the BlackBerry Sync Store we have the Ascendo Fitness For BlackBerry which is $29.95 and has the same abilities.
25. Taber’s Medical Dictionary For Mobile And Web. This app is $49.99. Medical students, clinicians and citizens can gain access to over 60,000 entries, 1,000 illustration and 30,000 integrated audio pronunciations with this health-science dictionary. When you download this app, you can receive one year of access to Tabers.com.
Here’s a few more apps out of the BlackBerry Sync Store that are also healthy and helpful. These are out of the BlackBerry Sync Store, and I thought I’d share them with you. They are for those who are trying to be more serious with their health and with getting fit. And one for the professionals and health students.
Health and Diet Manager For BlackBerry. This app is $19.95. This handy app keeps you â€œin the knowâ€ on all kinds of things, like how many calories you need to consume on a daily basis to lose (or maintain) weight. Or how many calories and grams of fat are in that egg muffin sandwich with cheese and sausage (486 calories/31g fat) you grabbed for breakfast. Or that walking for 45 minutes during lunch burns about the same number of calories as a small Veggie Delite sandwich from Subway. Or that the protein count in that particular sandwich, 9g, will surely having you running for the snack machine by mid-afternoon.
Health Calculator For BlackBerry. This app is $7.99. Health Calculator provides the best way to analyze your Health & Fitness. 12 Most Vital Health Measurements with detailed Definitions & Specifications. All the Calculations can be stoted with name and Date & Time. Supports both Imperial and Metric forms of Calculation with email export. A Must have utility for every mobile user.
Health Tracker. This app is normally $25.99 but is on sale till Sept 30th for $15.99. Health Tracker is a complete health care tool for every person in your family, which is essential for all to keep track their health history.By assessment of your health history, you can improve your health and fitness,Health Tracker will relieve you from the laborious task of health reports maintenance.
GI And Calorie Counter. This app is $9.99. Check out the mobile Glycemic Index & Calorie Counter packed with nutritional information including cholesterol, fats & saturated fats for hundreds of common foods, it comes with a range of recipes to follow, a BMI and GI Index and a Junk Food checker.Â Find out how to lose weight by following a GI friendly diet and use the Body Mass Index calculator to check your weight is appropriate for your height. It is the ultimate dieting aid, giving you the knowledge to maintain a healthy lifestyle and develop better eating habits to last you a lifetime!
EZ Fitness Calculator. This app is $9.99. Checking your body fitness status frequently can help you stay in good health. EZ Fitness Calculator includes the most useful and accurate formulas to generate the results of your body fitness status. With EZ Fitness Calculator, you are able to know your body fitness status whenever and wherever.
iFit. This app is $12.99. Having fitness exercises has never been so fun. Push-ups, Bench Press, Sit-ups… iFit guides you by standard movement animation on screen with rhythmic sound according to your setting. The idea and mode is from a very popular interactive game console nowadays. It’s very similar to the wii Fit.
EZ Weight Tracker. This app is $19.99. Tracking your weight everyday can help you stay away from obesity. With EzMobiGo’s Weight Tracker, you can keep track of your body weight status anytime, anywhere. Are you on a diet and working out to lose your weight? If you need to watch your weight, EzMobiGo’s Weight Tracker can work with you to stay in shape.
Glucose Tracker For BlackBerry. This app is $11.99. Glucose Tracker tracks Glucose details with respect to date and time. Any number of Glucose details can be added for a particular day. Detailed Statistics are provided to compare the Glucose and Carbs values with respect to date. Three Splendid Date Tracking option, with which Glucose details can be tracked by Month, Date and Between dates. Statistical Comparison can also be tracked with the three date tracking options. Glucose details can be tracked with two units(mg/dL & mmol/L). A Complete Health Care Utility.
Fitness Tracker. This app is normally $19.99 but is on sale until Sept 30th for $9.99. Fitness Tracker is an advanced organizer to keep track and manage your fitness and health.Do you want to stay fit and look your best? Fitness Tracker may be just what you need to succeed. With the Fitness Tracker, you can set objectives, track nutrition and exercise, measure your progress.
Mobile Medic. This app is $3.99. Complete emergency First Aid information right on your cell phone! Mobile Medic contains treatment information for over 50 different medical emergencies (heart attack, stroke, food poisoning, animal/snake bites, etc.), plus a Glossary of over 170 medical terms. If you’re a parent, caregiver, hiker, or frequent traveler, Mobile Medic is an essential tool that gives you “piece of mind” in a host of emergency medical situations.
Ascendo Fitness Calculators for BlackBerry. This app runs $14.95. You’re working out and eating right but are you really in shape? Ascendo Fitness Calculators, “FitCalc”, can help you know for sure. FitCalc includes ten fitness ratios widely used by healthcare professionals to determine if you are physically fit. Each calculator takes into account personal information like height, weight and age so the results are tailored to your context.
And for health care professionals and those in training: BEIKS Stedman’s Concise Medical Dictionary for BlackBerry. This app is $39.95. The Stedman’s Concise Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is one of the most popular, reliable and trusted medical dictionaries in USA and throughout the world.Â Its latest Fifth Edition is thoroughly updated with more than 51,000 entries, featuring more of the medical terminology used in over 30 of today’s fastest growing health profession areas. You will also find more comprehensive inclusion of entries suited for the Nursing field, with correct terminology for all Nursing students and practitioners.
And a free app to close this up. BerryMed. This handy little app will allow you to store your friends and families medical details in an easily accessible place..Have emergency details ready at your fingertips for fast access to information that could help save those precious few minutes or even seconds..
[via: Medicine 3.0]