I know there are a few weather apps available. I tried a few of them including the free BBWeather. So in light of Tour week I decided to try the app and share my findings. BerryWeather has RADAR MAPS and GPS, which makes it especially amazing and sharp.
Features of this app are as follows:
- NO SUBSCRIPTION!
- Current conditions including “Feels like” temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
- 7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
- 24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
- Easily switch between 7 different views (Today, Today with Daily Forecast, Today with Hourly Forecast, Full Daily Forecast, Full Hourly Forecast, Compact Daily Forecast, Compact Hourly Forecast)
- ANIMATED RADAR MAPS (for US Locations only, add a custom radar map for international locations)
- Track your location via GPS/CELL TOWER LOCATION so you always know the weather where you are. (Cell location for GSM devices only. GPS does not work for non-Storm devices on Verizon due to carrier restrictions)
- Replace the default BerryWeather radar maps for any location with your preferred weather service’s radar maps!
- Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
- Weather advisory notifications, SUPPORT FOR CUSTOM LED COLORS VIA BERRYBUZZ
- Customizable homescreen icon with fully customizable temperature and weather advisory badge
- Support for different themes (Widgets, Simple and Simple Dark)
- Customizable background wallpaper
- Customizable font size
- Smooth animations
And there was recently updated which included the following: Update to Version 1.5.35
– ANIMATED RADAR MAPS (for US Locations only, add a custom radar map for international locations)
– Track your location via GPS/CELL location so you always know the weather where you are. (Cell location for GSM devices only. GPS does not work for non-Storm devices on Verizon due to carrier restrictions)
– Replace the default BerryWeather radar maps for any location with your preferred weather service’s radar maps!
– Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
– New Themes
– Smoother animations on BlackBerry Storm
– Improved battery and memory handling
When I first saw BerryWeather, I was familiar with the free BBWeather. The only thing about the free app is it’s only for one location. And when my data connection was interupted, the app would go blank. I would have to refresh it. So I was a little intrigued to try BerryWeather and see what a full service weather app would be like. BerryWeather is available in the BlackBerry Sync Store for $9.95 or BerryWeather with BerryBuzz together for $14.30.
I installed BerryWeather on my BlackBerry 9630 Tour, and it installed quickly. I did a battery pull and when it loaded it was an umbrella. I clicked on the umbrella, registered the app and was able to personalize it. I really like how you can input your city and when you click the Option button you have Show Radar Map and yes, you can see your location in the Radar styled map. Add Location, I really like the idea of being able to add another city. Add Current Location lets you add the Current Location you’re at if you’re traveling. Remove Location allows you to remove it. Move Location allows you to change the order of the locations you choose. Set as Home allows you to make your location the default icon. There is Update and Update All from a single to all locations you choose. Toggle View Shows the week with forecasts with the icon, temp of highs and lows, and the percentage likelyhood of rain. Â View Today shows Â the current weather View Today W/Sun/Moon allows day and night to show. View Today w/Hourly shows 11pm, 2am 5am, 8am, 11am. Show Full Hoursly is a scroll down menu of the temp throughout the day and tomorrow. View Compact Daily shows the day, the temps, icon and Chance of T-storms. You are able to Select the Background Image, Reset Background Image, and Settings. In Settings you have the ability to set Units, Auto Update, Advisory Auto Update, Autostart, HomeScreen Icon format and allowing the Show Temperature Badge on Homescreen Icon. You can Hide or Show the badge, Choose which available Views are available, Choose your weather advisory notification, even your customer LED color. Your radar maps can be customized as well even with animation length, how large they show, font size and theme, and how you get current location.
When you view in Today, you see the time Observed, the icon, the temp in big numbers of the degree, the sky being cloudy or clear, what it feels like, the dew point, the wind, humidity and pressure. This makes getting your weather so much easier, keep track of weather where your family is, friends, where you’re going to be going, where you’d like to go. The app has no limitation when it comes to weather. There are many options, customization is incredibly in depth, and it’s easy to navigate.
I would really recommend this app if you are really wanting to keep track of the weather. It’s a small investment in what it can do. I haven’t seen an app that compares to this app. I love how you can vary the customization. Anyone can use this app, and find it extremely useful. From the soccer mom, business professional, student, traveler, and anyone who goes outside. Keep up on the weather in the best way you can, and up to the hour or minute updates. If you’re looking for a concise and thorough app for weather, look no further than BerryWeather.
Compatible with OS: 4.2, 4.3, 4.5, 4.6
Compatible with BlackBerry Devices: 71xx series, 8100 (Pearl), 81xx Pearl Series, 82xx Pearl Flip series, 83xx Curve series, 8520 (Curve), 87xx series, 88xx World series, 89xx Curve Series, 9000 (Bold), 9630 (Tour)