The newest version of Pandora for BlackBerry has just been released, v1.1 which also has improved audio quality. It now streams in stereo! I have used Pandora even before I had a BlackBerry, when it was the digital radio for your PC online. Pandora lets you choose your music by your favorite band or song, customizing a radio station for you.
Some of the new features of this version are:
- Significantly better audio quality over mobile network – now using stereo AAC+ (HE-AAC) for both Wi-Fi and mobile connections
- Listener preference option to select “High” quality stream over mobile network or “Normal” for slower connections. Both are stereo.
- Create Station screen now has auto-complete functionality as you type
- Added user preference option to enable or disable station auto-start
- Moved “Log Out” from main menu into Options screen, it now shows the currently logged-in username
- Visual overlay when changing volume; easier to see actual volume level
- Application will check for correct application permissions on startup, and offer to set them to appropriate values if required
- You can now get to the “Options” screen from the menus of both the Station List screen and the
Now Playing screen
- Reduced download size of app by about 30-40%
Bug fixes for this version are:
- Fixed stream resume problem on some Storm devices after being interrupted by a system alert (phone call, SMS, email, etc)
- Fixed bug where Wi-Fi capable devices without a SIM card or data plan were not able to use Pandora over Wi-Fi
- Fixed reports of “low volume” settings not being low enough – the lower volume settings now go as quiet as possible before being muted
- Fixed bug where album art may not have been displayed for some tracks
- Mute button should now properly sleep the device when holding it down
What are you waiting for? Go upgrade your Pandora on your BlackBerry OTA at the Pandora website.