It’s no secret that OtterBox cases provide some of the best protection on the market. Well this time we put the OtterBox Defender for the Curve 8900 through its paces. We gave it the ole’ bump here and there, drop off the table and even kick across the floor… And the case is still like new. If you’re looking for the best protection for your BlackBerry then look no further, the OtterBox Defender Series is here. Read over mini review of the Defender case.
Any of the Defender series cases consists of three layers of protection. The first is a clear PVC sheet to cover the keypad, this ensures that no dirt or dust gets into the keys. The second layer is the “hard layer” or hi-impact polycarbonate casing the give the device maximum protection from dropage. The last layer is the silicon skin, which absorbs most of the bumps and shocks. Speaking of protection, this case include protection over all charging ports, plus filters over the earpiece and microphone to ensure no dust gets in there either. One of my favorite part about any OtterBox Defender Case is that they include a durable plastic holster which the case goes into too. The holster reminds of me of the old school 8700 holsters.
- Layer 1: Thermal formed protective clear PVC membrane to cover the keypad. Clear PC sheet to cover the screen. Helps protect against scratching and dust intrusion
- Layer 2: Hi-impact polycarbonate shell for an added guard against drops and shocks
- Layer 3: High quality silicone skin to absorb bump and shock
- Full access to all keys, ports and functions
Where to buy: You can buy the OtterBox Defender for BlackBerry Curve 8900 from the BlackBerry Sync Store for only $49.95.
- Tons of protection
- Plugs all ports to ensure protection
- Rugged holster included
- A little bulky
- Keypad PVC layer can be annoying
- Price is a little higher than most cases