The folks over at BGR got some great details on the BlackBerry Tour launch for Bell. It turns out Bell will launch their 9630 on July 17th, just two days after Telus will be. The Tour will retail for a stinging $699.95 no contract and around anywhere from $199 to $249 with a three year contract. So any Bell customers out there ready to fork out $700 bucks for this hot new device?
Effective date July 17, 2009
Go places with the newest global BlackBerry smartphone. The BlackBerry Tour 9630, features not only 3G technology, but also a 3.2MP camera, high resolution screen, GPS capability, and support for popular applications such as Facebook®. This next generation global smartphone gives you the power to do more of the things that matter to you.
The feature highlights and available services of the BlackBerry Tour 9630 are:
- Global smartphone: Get voice coverage in over 200 countries and data functionality in over 150 countries.
- High resolution screen: The HVGA (480×360) screen along with an integrated lens design offers a clear, brilliant view that stays bright and vivid over time.
- View & edit attachments: Enjoy the flexibility of working on Microsoft® Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® files from just about anywhere.
- Organizer: Integrated address book, calendar, memo pad and task list – Email, message and place phone calls directly from one centralized address book. Set up meetings using the calendar and easily add attendees through the address book.
- GPS Nav & BlackBerry Maps: Access Turn by Turn Navigation and 3D moving maps. Locate nearby businesses and services using the Local Search feature.
- Rich Multimedia: 3.2 MP camera with flash, auto focus & image stabilization. Surf the internet at 3G speeds and view the pages in full HTML format.
The BlackBerry Tour 9630 box includes:
- 3G BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 global smartphone.
- Travel charger.
- Micro USB cable.
- Removable battery.
- Stereo headset.
- Quick Start guide.
- BlackBerry desktop software CD.
- User guide.
- SIM card.
- BlackBerry holster.
The table below outlines the pricing and agreement rebates for the BlackBerry Tour 9630:
BlackBerry Tour 9630 36 Month / 24 Month / 12 Month / 30 Day
Suggested Retail Price $699.95 / $699.95 / $699.95 / $699.95
Agreement Rebate ISPR $200.00 / $150.00 / $50.00 / $0.00
Client Price $499.95 / $549.95 / $649.95 / $699.95
Always refer to the latest Pricing Grid for complete and most up to date pricing information.
The table below shows the English and French description and the SKU of the BlackBerry Tour 9630:
RIM, BlackBerry, Tour, 9630, Black -HL RIM, BlackBerry, Tour, 9630, noir -HL 68194
- SKU opening: ready for ordering on Product Zone on June 30, 2009.
- Shipping date: will begin shipping to all stores week of July 13, 2009.
- Dealer launch kits: begin shipping the week of July 6, 2009. If you have not received your launch kit by July 17, 2009, please contact your Regional Manager. Please ensure that mock mobile phones are displayed in time for July 17, 2009.
- Stay connected almost anywhere in the world.
- Communicate quickly and easily with a full QWERTY keyboard.
- The Tour’s evolved form factor is sleek & equipped with the latest BlackBerry features and most recent software (4.7).
- Enhanced browsing (improved web page rendering).
- Faster attachment downloading.
- Improved multimedia capabilities (more media formats supported).
- Geo-tagging functionality (attach location to photos taken).
Reasons to buy the BlackBerry Tour 9630 smartphone:
- The BlackBerry Tour is a global smartphone allowing clients to bring the full power of the industry’s leading mobile email and messaging solution in over 150 countries.
- The BlackBerry Tour’s view & edit capabilities of attachments lets clients enjoy the flexibility of working on Microsoft® Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® files from just about anywhere.
- The BlackBerry Tour allows clients to surf the internet at 3G speeds and view the pages in full HTML format.
Reasons to sell the BlackBerry Tour 9630 smartphone:
- The high-resolution screen makes video playback sharp and smooth. These features make it easy to wow prospective clients by playing a video clip or by browsing through pictures.
- The BlackBerry Tour’s rich multimedia including a 3.2 MP camera with flash, auto focus and image stabilization allows clients to take the perfect picture anywhere.
- The BlackBerry Tour’s organizer allows clients to stay organized with an integrated address book, calendar, memo pad and task list. Clients can email, message and place phone calls directly from one centralized address book.