There’s a great editorial by Al Sacco from CrackBerry entitled: “Top Eight Reasons Why Palm Pre’s Got Nothin On BlackBerry“. This is a have to read for those who are wowed or curious about the Pre, and the article is very informative, taking the argument and showing you why the Pre is not beating the BlackBerry.
Al Sacco writes for CrackBerry and also writes for CIO.com which has information on Enterprise and Business-oriented smartphone issues and concerns. He’s written about the iPhone in comparison to the BlackBerry as well. Here are the reasons he gives:
8. Pre, First Web OS, could be Flash In a Pan. He mentions that all OS wow and evolve, that BlackBerry will grow too.
7. Sprint Owns Pre (Owners) until 2010. For Sprint CDMA coverage, it’s not the same as AT&T with GSM.
6. Pre as an Enterprise Device? Not So Fast…For now it’s not even considered as a possible Enterprise Device.
5. No Expandable Memory/Memory Card Support For Pre!! 8 gigs is all this puppy ships with, no more hope.
4. The Pre’s Not Built To Last-But It Did Cut The Cheese. He’s meaning literally since it’s flimsy compared to BlackBerry.
3. There’s Only One Pre For Better Or For Worse. It should not be a one size fits all.
2. The Palms Pre’s App Catalog is Weak Like Your Little Cousin. It’s by no m means close to Apple’s or BlackBerry App.
1. The Pre’s Keyboard is For Pixies And Lilliputians. The keyboard is very tiny and flat.
I can’t encourage you enough to read the eight reasons and see what you think. I, for one, am a die hard BlackBerry advocate. Long Live the BlackBerry. I really don’t have any curiousity about the other new “phones” because I know with each new BlackBerry, new capabilities keep stretching and increasing, and it keeps getting better. But for those of you who are curious, be sure to read this article.
If you read the article, let us know what you think. Are you a BlackBerry or Pre fan? Anything you’d like to add? We’d like to know.