Have you ever been driving along and heard a song that you just had to know what it was? A nifty application called Shazam is here to solve this problem. Originally Shazam was designed for the iPhone, however they have just released their first BlackBerry application. Shazam is offering a free 60 day trial for the app then you can purchase it. For some odd reason they decided to launch the application without supporting the BlackBerry Storm (who knows why). Anyways you can download Shazam from BlackBerry App World directly on your device.
Key features of Shazam for BlackBerry:
- Identify music anywhere: from the radio, TV, film, or in a store by simply holding a BlackBerry smartphone towards the music and selecting ‘Tag Now’.
- Buy music immediately when it’s heard: tag details link directly to Amazon, and other merchants as available, to give users instant access to the music they love and related music merchandise.
- Share the experience: send tags to friends who share same musical taste via SMS, email or BlackBerry® PIN messaging.
- Learn more about the music: read track and album reviews, artist biographies and (starting in North America initially) view song lyrics, plus find other music available from the same artist.
- Options to find similar music: discover other music similar to the track users like, to enhance their music collection and knowledge.
- Find out what’s hot and popular: access to Shazam music charts generated by millions of other users in country.
- Music search capabilities: enabling users to easily find music by artist, album or track from a database with over 8 million songs.