Vlingo has introduced a voice navigation software for your BlackBerry, which allows you to press a side convenience key and speak a command such as send a text or email without typing a single letter. The best part is the software is completely free! You can download it on your BlackBerry by pointing your browser to m.vlingo.com or visit their website on your PC.
“Just a few months ago, vlingo was selected to voice-enable Yahoo! oneSearchTM, which
showed the world just how quick and easy mobile Web search can be with the power of
voice,” said Dave Grannan, CEO of vlingo. “Vlingo takes this technology beyond Web search
into everyday applications that are now instantly more usable and easier to find because
you only need to think about one button and a few spoken words. Vlingo believes that we
can immediately improve the way every person interacts with their wireless device and the
BlackBerry platform is the perfect place to start our aggressive expansion strategy here in
the U.S. and abroad.”
VVlingo is easy to use. BlackBerry smartphone users can simply press the side “convenience”
key on their handset, which lets them speak commands into the phone. Available beginning
today, vlingo gives BlackBerry smartphone users voice control over the most commonly
used applications, including:
• Voice Dial. Initiate calls to anyone in your address book.
• Text Message. Send text messages without typing.
• Email. Simply speak “Email John Smith” to start an email on-the-go, and you can
speak the body of the message as well.
• Applications. Open calendar, maps, etc.
• Address Book. Search for contacts without typing.
• Web Search. Look up anything online in one step. Just say, “Web search: concert
tickets in Boston,” and the results are displayed.
• Note2Self. Send yourself a reminder in the form of an email, task or text message.