RIM and Vodafone have just announced the release of the BlackBerry Pearl 8110. This new version of the Pearl is just like the CDMA based 8130. The BlackBerry Pearl 8110 upgrades the 8100's current model with a full intergrated GPS, 2.0 megapixel camera and better Suretype keyboard.
- QWERTY Suretype keyboard
- 2.0 megapixel camera with flash
- External microSD memory card
- Integrated GPS with Vodafone Navigator
- Stereo Bluetooth
Who's next to meet this Pearl 8110? We know that Rogers in Canada will be launching it very soon as well…
Vodafone Spain and RIM Launch the BlackBerry Pearl 8110 Smartphone with GPS
• With Vodafone GPS Navigator service free for one year
• The BlackBerry Pearl 8110 smartphone includes built-in GPS, which, together with Vodafone GPS Navigator, offers fast searches for business locations and points-of-interest, and audible directions during driving
• Available with mobile email and Internet solutions for businesses and professionals through Vodafone
Madrid, Spain and Waterloo, ON- Vodafone Spain and Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today introduced the new BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8110 smartphone, the first BlackBerry Pearl model to feature built-in GPS (Global Positioning System). The BlackBerry Pearl 8110 will be available for Vodafone business and individual customers in Spain.
The sleek BlackBerry Pearl 8110 is one of the smallest and lightest smartphones on the market and features built-in GPS making it ideal for customers on the move. Available in an elegant black colour, the stylish BlackBerry Pearl 8110 also features rich multimedia together with the powerful communications capabilities of the BlackBerry solution.
Users will be able to keep their costs under control with the BlackBerry Pearl 8110 with unlimited data plans from Vodafone available on the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server from 25€/month for corporate users and BlackBerry® Internet Service from 15€/month¹ for individuals and small business users.
Vodafone Spain’s enterprise and individual customers will benefit greatly from GPS navigation, which is powered by Vodafone GPS Navigator™, a service that customers can enjoy for free for one year (www.vodafone.es/navigator) with the Iberia price package². Vodafone GPS Navigator, based on the Telmap Navigator solution, provides a rich navigation and mapping experience as well as assistance during the journey. It guides the user via the best route to their desired destination, using voice instructions and high quality moving maps, together with instructions at each intersection, for use when both in car and walking. In addition, Vodafone GPS Navigator includes a directory of businesses with millions of listings. Vodafone GPS Navigator³ uses the Vodafone network to provide continuous map updates and also provides additional functionality, such as the ability to search for points of interest (restaurants, hotels, shopping centres) that can be shared through email and SMS along with a telephone number that the user can simply click on to call. Vodafone GPS Navigator is available with a flat fee that includes real-time traffic information. Customers can select plans that cover the Iberian Peninsula only or the rest of Europe.
The BlackBerry Pearl 8110 is a perfect tool for professionals and business users to manage calls, send emails, surf the net, take and send photographs, listen to music, record and watch videos, and access their organiser, calendar and a range of business and lifestyle applications.
In addition, the BlackBerry Pearl 8110 offers direct access to the Vodafone live! menu, opening up a vast world of mobile content with news, polyphonic ring tones, images, personal chats and blogs. All navigation traffic on live!4 is included in the flat fee for BlackBerry Enterprise Server and BlackBerry Internet Service plans.
Principal features of the BlackBerry Pearl 8110 smartphone:
• Provides an exceptional user experience through its trackball navigation system and RIM’s popular SureType® keyboard system which allows a narrower handset design while maintaining easy phone dialling and message typing.
• Comes with a 2 megapixel camera with 5x digital zoom and enhanced flash. The camera also supports video capture in two resolutions: 240×180 or 176×144 for sharing via MMS.
• BlackBerry Desktop Software that includes Roxio® Media Manager for BlackBerry®, a powerful media manager application that allows users to easily search for media files on their computer, view and organize them, create MP3 music files from CDs, add audio tags and album art, create playlists and copy or convert pictures, music and videos for optimal playback on the smartphone. The application also includes Roxio Photosuite® 9 LE for enhancing pictures and creating photo albums on the PC.
• Supports the Bluetooth® stereo audio profile (A2DP/AVRCP), and comes with a standard 3.5 mm stereo headset jack so that users can plug in their preferred headphones or speakers.
• Includes Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), Bluetooth® 2.0 support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits and Bluetooth peripherals.
• Externally accessible microSD/SDHC card slot for additional storage of music, photos and videos (8GB microSD/SDHC cards are now available on the market)
Vodafone offers its business customers the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software, which tightly integrates with IBM Lotus® Domino®, Microsoft® Exchange and Novell® GroupWise® and works with existing enterprise systems to enable secure, push-based wireless access to email and other corporate data. Vodafone also provides BlackBerry Internet Service, giving individual users access to up to 10 supported business or personal email accounts (including most popular ISP email accounts).
The BlackBerry Pearl 8110 is available from 89 € (excluding VAT) together with a BlackBerry data plan and a “25 Más” (25 More) voice plan.