Finally Alltel has announced the BlackBerry 8830 World Edition. Starting today you'll be able to grab the 8830 for only $249 USD with two year contract. For more details visit Alltel.com. The BlackBerry 8830 features a sleek business design with full QWERTY keyboard, trackball navigation, integrated GPS, microSD memory card slot and full media player.
Alltel Introduces the Sleek New BlackBerry 8830 World Edition Smartphone
Little Rock, AR -
Alltel Wireless, America’s largest network, giving you coverage across the country, today announced the BlackBerry® 8830 World Edition smartphone will now be available to customers. Developed by Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM), the BlackBerry 8830 World Edition is the first BlackBerry smartphone to combine technologies that allow it to connect to both CDMA and GSM/GPRS networks.
The sleek and stylish BlackBerry 8830 will satisfy the most demanding user needs. It is equipped with a full QWERTY keyboard as well as industry-leading e-mail and messaging capabilities. Additionally, the BlackBerry 8830 has an intuitive trackball navigation system, GPS capabilities with TeleNav GPS Navigator™ service and BlackBerry® Maps, and a microSD expandable memory slot. With an enhanced media player for music, pictures and videos, this is the first smartphone to include Alltel Jump Music capabilities.
The BlackBerry 8830 from Alltel operates in the United States on Alltel’s CDMA network and comes with an unlocked SIM card slot for international roaming on GSM/GPRS networks. Alltel customers can also choose to arrange international voice and data support through WorldCell TravelComm, whose third-party SIM card solution makes it easy to talk internationally in over 160 countries and access BlackBerry data services in 78 countries.
“Since today’s economy operates on a global scale, our customers require a smartphone with international capabilities,” said Wade McGill, senior vice president of wireless products and services for Alltel Wireless. “The BlackBerry 8830 World Edition is an innovative handset that will give our customers the connectivity they need with the reliability they have come to expect.”
“The BlackBerry 8830 World Edition is a powerful and stylish smartphone that combines an industry-leading mobile communications experience with enhanced multimedia capabilities and built-in GPS,” said Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO at Research In Motion. “It’s also the first BlackBerry smartphone to combine CDMA and GSM connectivity, making it easy for Alltel customers to stay connected in the United States and abroad.”
The new BlackBerry 8830 World Edition from Alltel includes:
- Stereo headset jack and media player with Jump Music capabilities, able to play MP3 and AAC music files, and MPEG4 and H.263 video files
- Innovative light-sensing technology that automatically optimizes the screen, trackball and keyboard lighting for indoor, outdoor and dark environments
- An intuitive user interface with menus that makes navigation instinctive and fast
- Robust call management features such as smart dialing, speed dialing, and call forwarding
- High performance HTML browser for visiting web sites while on the go
- BlackBerry® Internet Service support – allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support – integrates with IBM Lotus® Domino®, Microsoft® Exchange and Novell GroupWise® environments and features IT policy controls for managing smartphone features and usage
- Support for polyphonic, MP3 and MIDI ring tones
- An ultra-bright, high resolution (320 x 240) landscape display – images appear vivid and crisp
- A removable, high-capacity battery
- Other voice features including noise cancellation for enhanced audio performance, speaker independent voice recognition for voice activated dialing, dedicated 'send', 'end', and 'mute' keys, low-distortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth® suppor
Accessories for BlackBerry handsets, including an automotive charger and Bluetooth® headsets, are available online at www.shopalltel.com and through retail outlets.
Alltel (NYSE: AT) is owner and operator of the nation's largest wireless network and has over 12 million customers. For more information about Alltel, please visit www.alltel.com.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited. RIM, Research In Motion and BlackBerry are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in other countries. All other brands, product names, company names, trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners.