Do you have a BlackBerry Pearl containing software 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 or older? If so your Pearl may have a few minor problems that are fixable with a simple software upgrade from RIM. The new software version fixes the following issues:
- Memory leak issue
- Disappearing emails
- Call logs that are being erased
- Delay in answering phone call
- Slow media access time
- Slow reset time
For instructions on how to upgrade the software click read more.
Found over at HowardForums
Instructions to do upgrade:
- Download software update
- Run and install the newly downloaded program.
- Do not mark the option to open Desktop Manager when finalizing the install.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml
- Connect BlackBerry to USB
- Open Desktop Manager
You should be prompted for the update at this point. (If not select Application Loader) and you’ll get the prompt for the update.
You may also want to do a backup for your BlackBerry before doing the upgrade. Updating your firmware will not debrand your phone – you will still have the phone’s original carrier logo on there. It also will not void your warranty, nor will void your contract with your service provider.
Thanks to the folks over at HowardForums for originally posting this. Â